We've opened a call for new one-act plays, with a cast of no more than two actors, from new and existing writers. Whether it's your first or tenth play, we'd like to read it.
We're aiming to produce up to eight new one-act plays as part of a new project that will debut in 2017/18. The plays will be produced by Accidental as part of this programme and any further productions will be at the discretion of the applicant. You don't have to be a writer to submit, we're open to submissions from any artists, but we do need submissions in script form.
In particular we're interested in bold plays that explore exciting ideas in interesting ways. Experimenting with what theatre is, who it is for and what it is about.
We're looking for:
- one-act plays of 40-60 minutes in length
- plays with a cast of no more than two characters
- plays that explores bold ideas and experiments with theatrical forms & styles
- a play that hasn't been performed before
- only one submission per writer/applicant
- all submissions in PDF files and formatted as a stage play.
We will let applicants know if we are interested in your submission by 28th February 2017. Unfortunately we regret that we cannot give feedback on applications.
How to Apply
You can apply for the project by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org With an expression of interest, details of your current experience (CV) and the script in PDF format.